On this page we track the best deals available on KitchenAid appliances.
Here’s what we’ve got for you today:
You can get 25% off many KitchenAid products on this page on their site.Deals we recommend, last updated on Monday October 25, 12pm PDT:
KitchenAid KP26M1XOB 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Onyx Black
KitchenAid Recipe Collection Binder
KitchenAid Spiralizer Plus Attachment with Peel, Core and Slice, Silver
KitchenAid KSM2FPA Food Processor Attachment, Dicing Kit, Silver
KitchenAid Recipe Collection
If you’re having a hard time deciding which KitchenAid mixer might be the best for you, here’s a little breakdown of the main differences between them:
KitchenAid Stand In Mixers are divided into two main categories, home use and commercial use. The most popular mixers for home use are the Classic and the Artisan. Then, all Kitchenaid’s with the word “Pro” in them (as in Professional, or Pro Line) are meant for heavier use.
The Classic is KitchenAid’s entry level mixer, as it has the least amount of power. The Classic Plus has a bit more power, thus making it capable of kneading bread dough in small amounts.
The Artisan is slightly more expensive but is far better for bread dough. Most of them have 325 watts of power, which means that they are still meant for home use but aficionado bakers can still get away with using them rigorously to craft goodies for small bake sells or hosting get-togethers. They will also rise up to the challenge of holiday baking.
Then come the Pros. The main things to look out for if you’re in the market for a heavy duty mixer from KitchenAid are power, bowl capacity, whether they have a liftable bowl (handy for mixing in large quantities) and the type of motor they have.
Motor type is perhaps the greatest distinction between Kitchenaid’s commercial models. Most models labelled as “Professional” and with a number under 700 in their name have AC motors, which are rated in watts.
Models such as the Professional 6000 HD or the 6500, as well as the Pro Line series, all have DC motors which are rated in horsepower (hp).
A big thing that makes KitchenAid Stand Mixers so special and sought-after is the wide variety of attachments that you can use them with, making it an extremely versatile tool to have in your kitchen.
So, since we’re at it, check out the different stand mixer attachments that you can get below:
- Precise Heat Mixing Bowl: A bowl where you can keep things hot while you mix. Great for tempering chocolate, making fondue, soups, etc.
- Pasta Makers: KitchenAid has several accessories for you to make your own pasta with. There are several types of pasta cutter sets, which may include a roller, and special blades for spaghetti, fettuccine, lasagnette and capellini. Most of those are actually made in Italy. For more pasta attachments, also check out:
- Gourmet Pasta Press: This one is not just for cutting pasta, but making it from scratch. It can help you make the other styles mentioned above, as well as rigatoni, macaroni and bucatini.
- Ravioli Maker: Designed to be used with the pasta roller attachment, this thing preps ravioli sheets for you to stuff and have fresh ravioli anytime you want.
- Pasta Drying Rack: Just a little rack to hang up to 4 lbs of freshly cut pasta and wait for it to dry up. It can fold flat for easy storage.
- Food Processor: It can slide, shred and julienne all types of fruits, vegetables and hard cheeses.
- Juicer and Sauce Maker: This is a slow masticating juicer that first slices and then processes soft, hard or leafy fruits and veggies. This attachment helps to extract most of the nutrients, with 3 pulp screens for making various types of juices, sauces and jams.
- Spiralizer: KitchenAid makes several types of spiralizer blades to go with the Stand Mixers. You can choose from medium, fine, extra fine, as well as blades for slicing in different types of cores or just peeling.
- Metal Grain Mill: With this attachment, you can grind your own wheat, oats, corn, rice and other types of grains low on oil and moisture. It also allows you to choose between ‘cracked’ and super fine grinding.
- Vegetable Sheet Cutter: A fuel for your culinary creativity, this attachment can turn fresh fruits and vegetables such as zucchini, apples and cucumbers into long sheets. That’s great for substituting pasta or wraps with vegetables, for lower carb options.
- Ice Cream Maker: This turns your Stand Mixer into a fully-fledged maker of ice cream, gelato, sorbet and other types of frozen desserts.
- Slicer/Shredder: This one’s great for adding sliced or shredded ingredients to salads, sides and entrees. It comes with multiple blade types for different types of shredding and slicing.
- Food Grinder: Yup, you can transform your Stand Mixer into a motor-powered food scraper to make your own ground beef, as well as shredding hard cheeses or making bread crumbs.The food grinder can also work with the following accessories to give you more functions:
- Fruit/Vegetable Strainer: A quick way of straining fruits and vegetables to make fine, peel-free puree.
- Sausage Stuffer: The name is a bit misleading, but this thing is actually for making sausages of several sizes with the food grinder.
With any of these, make sure to read up on what Stand Mixer’s they’re compatible with, as every attachment has different models to go with.
Adding Flames to Your Mixer
On a lighter note…
Everyone knows that a car can be given the look of a hot rod with a few flames running from under the hood.
The simulation of early nitro-burst racing additive that sometimes shoots flames out from under the hoods of cars, or the flames imagined to have come from such supped up engines, has been symbolized by stylized flames being painted along the fenders and doors.
Now your MIXER can sport the same look, proclaiming to the world what a hot chef you are 🙂
Flame it up and hot rod your kitchen mixer with flame decals!
You stand out in a crowd, and so should your mixer. It gets you places you might not otherwise go, so show it some love and make it feel special.
Custom painting can cost a fortune, and may lead to paint flaking at just the wrong mixing moment. The use of adhesive decals (like the ones used on some tricked out cars) will prevent that sort of tragedy in your kitchen.
FlameKA now offers a decal kit, including the stickers and a cleaning/prep kit. There are three different designs currently, and users are encouraged to mix and match as they please. The stickers lend themselves to being cut down, making it easy to apply to the base as well as the sides of your mixer.
These Decal Flame kits will fit the KitchenAid (Kitchen Aid) Classic, Artisan, 4, 4.5, 5, 6 qt (quart), Professional, Pro 600, Accolade, UltraPower, Hobart N-50, Viking, Sunbeam, Delonghi and Wolfgang Puck mixer models to make them look like a custom paint job. Some models may require a little trimming before application. They are also touted as working to sup up your lawnmower.
The FlameKA decals are designed to last for 5 years outdoors. Better treatment leads to a longer life. The decals can withstand heat -40 F to 180 F and are resistant to mild acids, alkalis, and salt solutions. They have an added benefit of making you clean up your mixer after use in a timely manner to preserve the decals.
These decals can add a bit of fun to your kitchen. Make a statement and give your power mixer some panache 🙂
What Else You Should Get on Black Friday
The following products always have great deals in November. Check them out:
- iRobot Roomba
- Instant Pot
- Bissell Vacuum
- Sonicare Toothbrushes
- Keurig coffee maker
- Espresso machine
- Shark Vacuum
What To Expect on Black Friday 2018
The KitchenAid mixer is one of the most helpful kitchen implements you can get your hands on. While it comes with a higher price tag than a hand mixer, the quality and convenience it affords is a huge deal.
Fortunately, the long and venerable history of both the product and the brand mean that we have decades of sales history and market trends to look at. This is going to be a good way to get a feel for the KitchenAid Mixer in Black Friday 2018 and the way that you can expect it to perform.
If you’re looking to save some money, you’ve been thinking about buying a mixer for a while, or you’re looking to get the best quality product for your cash, these trends hold the key to your financial success.
How do Mixer Sales Work?
The mixer falls into the same category as the instant pot or other standard homewares: they’ve been around a long time, so they become predictable and “settled”. The technology on a mixer may have improved since they were introduced to the market in the 20th century, but they’ve become a staple – and we can get a great idea of cost because of that.
With an RRP of around $200-300 (obviously more for the more-premium line such as the artisan mixers), prices have been fairly static between $240 and $300 depending on where you look. The RRP sits at around $275 right now for these products, while mid-tier models are just under $200.
Product Tiers and Black Friday Sales
The difference in the mid- and premium-tier products is going to be a key to getting a great deal on black Friday. It’s actually rather simple: the more expensive a product is, the greater swing you’re likely to see during big consumer holidays. So, we’re going to take you through the sales and predictions for the Artisan and Classic+ series’ – it’s impossible to separate them!
The classic+ series is the smaller bargain, but more consistent. We find that they tend to drop to the mid-lower $100 range during a big sale. This is great if you’re a culinary genius on a budget, as this makes it a much more affordable product to the average American – which might be the very point of Black Friday!
However, when we look at the ups and downs of the Artisan series, KitchenAid’s premium home mixer line, prices started at around $350 but have dropped to as low as $170 during consumer holidays. The average price-drop is around $100 during these busy, high-volume sales.
This means that we’re looking at a more-budget option that tends to sell at around 25%, while the more-expensive products have shown as much as 50% drops from RRP to sale prices. This brings us to the real challenge of black Friday: do you want to maximize your savings by getting the cheaper product, or get the very best product while it’s at a big reduction?
What You Should Consider when Buying a KitchenAid on Black Friday?
With homeware and consumer electronics, we suggest getting the best-quality product when its cheap. These products need replacing eventually, but a higher-quality premium product will last longer and perform better when prices go back up. Obviously this is combined with the fact that you’re going to have a better-performing product from start to finish!
The choice is yours when comparing the two most important KitchenAid lines for Black Friday 2018. Stats from the past few years show us that the choice is between a very low price product and a great value product that costs more. This is a hard balance to strike, and it will ultimately depend on your budget and how much you can invest in a mixer.
Happy bargain hunting!