Black Friday deals are here and we’re tracking them daily for the months of November and December. Here are the best deals we found today:
Table of Contents
Convertible Car Seats
Infant Car SeatsThe following products are on sale right now at Amazon. Click on each item to see more colors/sizes.
Booster SeatsThe following products are on sale right now at Amazon. Click on each item to see more colors/sizes.
Graco SeatsThe following products are on sale right now at Amazon. Click on each item to see more colors/sizes.
Buying Car Seats on Black Friday
The right car seat can prevent injury, hospitalization, or death during an accident. No one plans accidents; they happen, one must be prepared for eventualities, and car seats provide much-needed protection. Thats why should never think of using your car’s seat belts or worse, no restraint at all.
Generally, there are three types of car seats to consider when in the market for one:
- Baby or infant-only car seats: these should always be installed facing the rear of cars. They have limits when it comes to weight, as they can only hold between 22 to 35 pounds of weight. Once a baby exceeds the threshold of the weight requirement, it’s best to purchase another type of car seat designed for your baby’s new weight and height (a rear-facing convertible, will discuss this in a second).
- Convertible or infant-toddler car seats: Babies grow up fast to the delight of their parents. They outgrow the baby or infant-only car seats rather quickly, which is why a convertible would be most ideal at this stage. As the name implies, a convertible can be installed to face the rear of the car for babies and toddlers and be forward-facing seats for older children. The weight limit is about 40 pounds if it is to be installed facing the rear and up to 70 pounds for forward-facing. It is best to install facing the back of the car for safety reasons and for as long as possible based on recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) until around the age of four. Then, they would likely have outgrown the seat’s maximum weight and height requirements.
- Belt-positioning booster seats: as soon as your child can no longer fit into a convertible seat, it is best to get a belt-positioning booster seat. You can use your car’s standard car lap and shoulder belts to secure him in place while sitting on the booster. Backless boosters can do the trick as long as your car as comfortable head support.
Some of the things to look out for when purchasing a car seat
- Easy to use: this is more important than it may seem, because your child will only be safe if you buckle them properly, and that’s more likely to happen if it isn’t hard to do. Look at how easy it is to follow the instruction manual, what transport regulatory bodies have to say about the product ( this is just basically rating), and how easy it is to install the car seat, and get your baby out of it.
- The base of the car seat: most of the infant car seats out there come equipped with a plastic base you can install in your car. All you have to do is strap the car seat to the bottom, and you are good to go. When you get to your destination, you can unstrap the car seat from the base and carry your baby around in it. It gets better; some car seats have additional features like an adjustable foot that can help you get a comfortable angle to incline the seat or level indicators that give indications when the right corner has been reached.
- Easy to adjust: it is always minded settling to have a car seat you can adjust to make your child comfortable and cozy. You might need to change the harness and headrest as time goes by (as your baby increase in height and weight), such adjustments can be found in proper car seats. What’s more, you can adjust the straps and harness height from the front. Some models that are user-friendly are equipped with single hand belt adjustments, quick buckle releases, and you can even adjust the headrest to accommodate the height.
- Every car seat since the year 2002 is now compatible with the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) style, which allows you to install the car seat directly into your car without having to secure it in your car’s seatbelt. This system makes installation easy, although you can use seatbelts instead. There are two models of the LATCH style a flexible strap that can weave through the car seat and a rigid LATCH, which is considered more comfortable to use of the two.
- Easy to clean: many car seats have covers you can’t detach from them while some do have a removable cap that you can wash in a washing machine. What is the use of a cover that you can’t remove when children are known for their penchant for getting dirty?
- Comfort: comfort has been mentioned a lot in this article; this is because it is and should always be number one. The comfort of a child is paramount to its parents while they can’t talk, it is up to us to ever guess their needs and meet them as best as we can (at least until they can express their thoughts). A well-cushioned seat with adequate head support will make your baby comfortable.
- Protection from side-impact: in the event of an accident, some car seats have exceptional foams for absorbing energy and other equipment to protect your baby’s head and chest during a side impact accident.
What Else You Can Get This Black Friday
- Baby Crib Black Friday Deals
- Diapers Black Friday Deals
- Strollers Black Friday Deals
- Baby Monitor Black Friday Deals
- Trampoline Black Friday Deals
- Travel System Black Friday Deals
How to Shop on Black Friday
We all know how black Friday is the time to get the best deal on products like car seats. But never compromise quality over price just because you want something cheap. Look out for the latest models of car seats as they keep improving as time goes by. Be sure to keep in mind the comfort and safety of your child, look for the car seat that will suit the weight and age of your baby. The only way to get the best deals on the car seat is to search carefully and buy the one that suits your needs. Always search well in advance so that when the price goes down on Black Friday, you would be walking away with a good deal indeed (an excellent car seat at a reasonable price).