Many people hold off from buying the iRobot Braava (also known as the Roomba Mop) until they can get a great deal. That’s why we are monitoring those for you.
Our favorite deals right now are:Deals we recommend, last updated on Wednesday November 24, 12pm PST:
iRobot Braava Jet M6 (6110) Ultimate Robot Mop- Wi-Fi Connected, Precision Jet Spray, Smart Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Multiple Rooms, Recharges and Resumes
iRobot Braava Jet 240 Superior Robot Mop - App Enabled, Precision Jet Spray, Vibrating Cleaning Head,Wet and Damp Mopping,Dry Sweeping Modes
iRobot Braava 380t Advanced Robot Mop- Wet Mopping and Dry Sweeping Cleaning Modes, Large Spaces
MXZONE Replacement Mopping Pads for iRobot Braava Jet 240 241 Wet Damp Dry Sweeping Pads Washable 10 Pack
Robot vacuums continue improving, delivering a cleaner house with less effort. With smarter AI, they can now map out your house so you don’t have to. However, most robo-vacs cannot mop the floor. No matter how powerful the suction and cleaning of a robot vacuum is, you still need to mop every once in a while.
Meet the Braava. From iRobot, the creators of the Roomba, this is a cleaning robot that mops instead of vacuums. Many robot enthusiasts would use a Braava in harmony with the Roomba or other robot vacuum they may have.
The Braava is a line of robot mops, and there are three types: the 240, which goes for about $199, the 380t, which costs about $299, and the new m6, which goes for about $499. Just like the Roomba line, the Braava has one for any budget, though it doesn’t go as high as its robo-vac counterparts.
Here are some features of all three:
- It can clean using water or a cleaner. Using its tank, the Braava sprays the cleaner on the floor, then uses its mopping feature. The tank on all three is quite large, and you may be able to clean your entire house on one go.
- It cleans all types of hard surfaces. Any Braava is great for tile, stone, hardwood, and various other floors. The Braava isn’t for carpets, however; you’ll need the Roomba for that one!
- All three models can dry sweep.
- All three use reusable or disposable pads. You can customize each one with any pad you want, which is quite the convenient feature.
Now, let’s look at some of the differences.
- The 240 is ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, and smaller areas. The 380t is for bigger spaces. Meanwhile, the m6 works well for all spaces and rooms.
- The 380t, despite being in the middle range, lacks some features that the 240 has. For example, the 240 does have a vibrating cleaning head, adjusting spray levels, and SPOT cleaning features.
- Both the 240 and the 380t lack any smart features. However, the m6 has the iRobot app with some features found in advanced Roomba models. Besides your typical scheduling and programming, the m6 can map out your house and interact with any Roombas you may have. This way, there is no interference. Some reviewers have called this feature buggy, but with time, the m6 should improve and get even better at what it does.
- The m6 also has the recharge and resume option. All Braavas will recharge when they’re low on battery, but only the m6 can finish up a job it already started. Meanwhile, the other models are going to act like their last job never even happened!
Which one you pick is up to you. We enjoy the 380t, because it combines both quality and value, especially if your home is large, but the m6 has so many unique features, and with Black Friday just around the corner, you may be able to get one for much less.
The Limitations of the Braava Robots
Just like the Roomba, the Braava isn’t designed to replace the traditional handheld mop for good. Instead, the Braava helps with the small jobs, and allows you to clean up with less work on your end. For your average floor maintenance, the Braava works great. However, if you make a big mess, you may still need to whip out your old mop for those times.
Of course, these devices are improving. The Braava lineup has only recently rolled out the ability to connect with your smartphones and map out your home. In a few years, you may need to use a handheld mop even less. While there’s always a need for these mops, the Braava can make cleaning much easier.
Because everyone has a different type of floor and house layout, it’s important that you make sure you can return the Braava should it not fit well with your home.
Taking Care of Your Braava + Cleaning Tips
For best use, you should follow some tips and guidelines. Here are a few examples.
- Do a vacuum of your home before you run your Braava. This may mean giving your Roomba a run. At the bare minimum, wipe down your floors with a pad.
- Make sure to fill up the cleaning tank. Before you close the tank, look for any air bubbles.
- Some earlier models, such as the Braava Jet, may only be able to use water and their own pads. Make sure your Braava can take cleaning fluids and other pads before using them. Otherwise, you may be in trouble.
- When using the pads, make sure you keep them dry. Avoid soaking them beforehand.
- Make sure your floor isn’t too uneven. Braavas work great on most surfaces, but those with uneven surfaces may give the Braava a bit more of a run for its money.
Are There any Robots that Do Both?
You may wonder if there are any robots that both vacuum and mop. Having two in one can save space and money, if you have neither to begin with. While iRobot doesn’t offer them at this time, there is the ILIFE line of robot vacuums, which do. While the mopping may not be as powerful as a device designed for one particular use, it may be a good purchase if you want a two in one.
More Black Friday Deals You May Want to Look At
- Roomba Black Friday Deals – 2021
- Neato Black Friday Deals – 2021
- Shark Black Friday Deals – 2021
- Dyson Black Friday Deals – 2021
- Bissell Black Friday Deals – 2021
- Eufy Black Friday Deals – 2021
Black Friday Deals
This Black Friday, look out for some good deals online and offline. iRobot always has some great sales, taking a good hundred off the Braava and other units. You may be able to get a higher-end Braava for cheaper.
Always check at your local store or various online retailers for the best deals. A Braava, even a cheaper model, is a bit of an investment, so make sure you’re getting the best one for less.