Weighted blankets are gaining in popularity, and for good reason. They come with a multitude of benefits, including reduced stress and anxiety and overall improvements in sleep. I myself own one, and my teenage kids like to take it and use it for a better night’s sleep. So I decided to keep track of the best deals I could find.
Todays’ DealsDeals we recommend, last updated on Friday February 23, 7am PST:
yescool Weighted Blanket for Adults (20 lbs, 60” x 80”, Grey) Cooling Heavy Blanket for Sleeping Perfect for 190-210 lbs, Queen Size Breathable Blanket with Premium Glass Bead, Machine Washable
Topcee Weighted Blanket (20lbs 60"x80" Queen Size) for Adult All-Season Summer Fall Winter Cooling Breathable Heavy Microfiber Material with Glass Beads Big Blanket Soft Thick Comfort
Quility Weighted Blanket for Adults - 15 LB Queen Size Heavy Blanket for Cooling & Heating - 100% Cotton Big Blanket w/ Glass Beads, Machine Washable Blankets - 60"x80", Grey
Weighted Blanket (Dark Grey,48"x72"-15lbs) Cooling Breathable Heavy Blanket Microfiber Material with Glass Beads Big Blanket for Adult All-Season Summer Fall Winter Soft Thick Comfort Blanket
Topcee Cooling Blanket for Night Sweats Absorbs Heat to Keep Adults, Children Cool on Warm Nights, Q-Max 0.5 Cooling Blankets for Hot Sleepers, Lightweight Sofa Throw Blanket (50"x70")
Weighted Idea Cooling Weighted Blanket Twin Size 15 lbs for Adult (48inx72in, Dark Grey) with Premium Glass Beads
DreamLab Weighted Blanket Duvet Cover, Charcoal
Table of Contents
- What are our favorites?
- Want to See More Black Friday Deals?
- Just What is a Weighted Blanket?
- How to Choose the Best Weighted Blanket
What are our favorites?
Deal #1: YnM (Adults)
The original price of top-of-the-line YnM weighted blankets is already a steal, but you can snag an even better deal on Black Friday of over 37% off.
Consumers fall head over heels for YnM weighted blankets, giving you that hugged tight feeling that helps you relax and sleep longer. They’re the most popular brand of weighted blankets and come with a slew of fine features including:
- The weighted inner layer can be used alone or paired with your favorite duvet.
- A quality weighted blanket gives the user a gentle sensation of being cuddled to encourage deeper and more relaxed sleep.
- 7-layer weighted blanket is uniquely designed for maximum comfort.
- Designed with smaller compartments for even distribution.
The construction of YnM weighted blankets ensures you can achieve maximum comfort and relaxation during your sleep. You will wake up feeling rested and ready-to-go.
Deal #2: YnM (Children)
Even children love the YnM weighted blankets, and you can get your hands on one for a great price by checking the coupon box.
The children YnM weighted blankets are highly similar to the original construction, and it’s a great recommendation for kids of all ages. These kid-specific weighted blankets will assure that your kids wake up feeling rested and ready to take on any challenge thanks to these great features:
- Pairs with duvets for easy cleanup.
- Made with a luxurious material that is soft and silky.
- Made with breathable SMART fabric, this weighted blanket wicks away moisture for the perspiring sleepers.
- No worries of leakage and easy to clean!
If you are ready to change the way your kids sleep for good, then consider buying one of these YnM kids weighted blankets for less than $100. You can’t put a price tag on a great night’s sleep, can you?
Deal #3: Quility
You can achieve ultimate tranquility with a Quility weighted blanket for a great price thanks to the amazing Black Friday coupons this year.
When looking for a weighted blanket that can seemingly do it all, then look no further than the Quility weighted blankets. These are designed with comfort in mind, whether you’re reading a book, watching tv, or craving a deep night’s sleep that lets you wake up feeling refreshed. You will love these exciting features:
- Made with 100% cotton for ultimate comfort levels.
- Premium 7-layer design.
- Complete sets come with an attacked Minky cover.
The overall construction of the Quility weighted blanket is something you won’t find with other companies. They truly believe in maximizing your feel and sleep by using the highest quality materials and innovative design.
Deal #4: Weighted Idea
Weighted Idea’s innovative blankets are loaded with features and are discounted this year by checking the coupon box at Amazon.
Good sleep doesn’t have to be challenging. In fact, it can be something you can experience first-hand with the Weighted Idea weighted blankets. These blankets are specifically designed to ensure every adult wakes up feeling completely refreshed and stress-free, making life that much easier. You will love these features:
- All-natural sleep aid ensures you feel hugged and cozy all through the night.
- Subtle softness thanks to 100% natural cotton leaves you feeling warm.
- Versatility means you can use this blanket whenever you want, all the while staying comfortable and relaxed.
- Loads of colors to choose from to suit your style.
Whether you are relaxing on the couch in the afternoon or want something to help you sleep through the night, Weighted Idea is a great choice and it’s less than $100 this year.
Deal #5: WEIGHTED BLANKETS PLUS LLC
Getting your hands on a child’s weighted blanket is easier and cheaper than ever before, thanks to the 40% discount on Weighted Blankets Plus LLC products.
Kids will love the look and feel of these wonderful weighted blankets, specifically designed for children to have a better night’s sleep. Some of the unique features of these blankets include:
- Made with 100% durable cotton to leave your child feeling cozy.
- Just the right amount of weight provided to be ultimately soothing.
- Easy to clean, which is important when dealing with children.
Your child will love feeling the coziness of this product, and you will love knowing that it is less than $50. What are you waiting for? You’re only minutes away from providing your child with an incredible night’s sleep, unlike anything they have experienced before.
Deal #6: Sonno Zona Weighted Blanket
Last but not least is the Sonno Zona Weight Blanket, offering a discount of 48% percent; that’s almost half off.
Why choose Sonno Zona for your weighted blanket purchase?
- A holistic alternative to regular weighted blankets.
- It comes with a cover and cotton blanket, making this purchase even more of a steal!
- Easy to clean.
- Gentle and soft protection.
If you’re looking for an organic option that will get the job done, then you need to purchase the Sonno Zona Weighted Blanket. It’s offered at almost 50% off the original price, and that’s something you simply can’t pass up!
Want to See More Black Friday Deals?
The temperatures are dropping, and if you’re considering a warm blanket for the season, why not try a weighted one? Weighted blankets have been all the rage in the last few years, but if you haven’t considered one, read on to find out what they are, what types you can buy, and where the best deals are.
Just What is a Weighted Blanket?
A weighted blanket, also known by the popular brand name of Gravity Blanket, is just like its name implies. It’s a blanket that’s heavier than average, filled with material to give it that extra weight. These blankets can differ in size, but expect them to be at least 10 pounds.
Why would you want a weighted blanket? Why not just grab a few covers? The idea of a weighted blanket is that it helps put an even amount of pressure on your body. It also helps keep you still, which is great for tossing and turning.
The weightiness may help you feel more content and help relieve anxiety, providing comfort and anxiety relief. It’s said to help with many symptoms that keep you up at night, including:
- Autism. These blankets have been around for a while for autism patients.
- Restless leg syndrome. The cover may help calm your legs when they’re in pain or tingling.
- Anxiety. If your thoughts keep racing, keeping you up at night, a weighted blanket could help.
- General insomnia. A weighted blanket may help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep, no matter what’s going on in your life.
- In addition, they’re warm. With the temperatures dropping, a weighted blanket could help save on heating!
- Also, there are heavier covers for children, too. If your kid is restless, you’ll be surprised with how well a weighted blanket works.
The science on weighted blankets is still developing, but there have been promising results. One study involving 32 volunteers found that 63 percent of them had lowered anxiety after being in a blanket for five minutes. There has yet to be a study that shows that they are ineffective.
How to Choose the Best Weighted Blanket
If you go shopping for one, you ironically may be up all night with how many options there are! Here are some factors to consider when shopping for one:
The most important factor in a weighted blanket is, well, its weight. That’s a no-brainer. How heavy should you go?
The rule of thumb is to go based on what about 10 percent of your body weight is. If you weigh 170 pounds, a 17 pound blanket is what you need. For a child who weighs 70 pounds, a kids’ seven pound blanket works.
For those whose weight is a little bit in-between sizes, round up. If you weigh 155 pounds, pick a blanket that is 16 pounds if that’s the closest option.
You may wonder what makes a weighted blanket so heavy. For most blankets, they contain pellets or glass beads, though some may have polyester fiberfill. Let’s break down what this means.
- Glass beads: These are heavy and have less space. This leads to a thinner, but still heavy, cover.
- Pellets. These pellets tend to be made from plastic, and they’re quite bulky. They’re cheaper as well.
- Fiberfill. This adds warmth to your blanket. It’s great for cold rooms, but if you live in a hot area, it may be too much.
Some blankets have a cover you can take off and wash, just like a pillow. Blankets without them are still machine washable, but their bulkiness means that it may take longer for the blanket to wash or dry.
Size of the Blanket
Most blankets are meant for individuals, and don’t work as a bed cover for couples. This does make sense, as a couple may have different weights. However, if you want a blanket that covers your entire bed, there are bigger options.
As for the length, it should cover your neck down for best results. With that said, too long and the blanket may slide off. A good rule when purchasing one is to go a size below the mattress you have.
Remember, They Are Warm
Most people don’t sleep as well if it’s too hot in the room. Because they are heavy, weighted blankets may be too warm if you’re sleeping with other blankets, or are cuddling up next to your partner. This especially applies if you’re someone who finds it hard to sleep at night when it’s a little warm. If that is a concern, you can get a cooling weighted blanket instead.
Sleep is Important
This Black Friday, a weighted blanket could be a good investment. Few people get enough sleep. Our busy work lives, and our obsessions with screens, don’t help any. Whether you’re catching up on sleep during a weekend, or plan to fix your sleep schedule, a weighted blanket may be just what you need to reach that full night’s sleep.