Taking care of a baby can be a challenge, but baby monitors make it that much easier. Cyber Monday is the best time to get one.
Let’s begin with my favorite deal this year:
- Long Range Baby Monitor Keeps a Close Eye on Baby: 3.5” LCD display for clear audio and video from up to 1500 ft* away; rechargeable battery provides up to 13 hrs standby / 5 hrs use. *1500 feet achievable in straight line-of-sight. Actual distance will vary based on number and types of objects in path
- Get the Best View and Smart Sense Alerts: Remote Pan, Tilt and Zoom, with clear monochrome night vision to keep a better eye on baby; smart alerts appear if baby wakes, cries or if room temperature changes outside preset range
- When Privacy Matters Most: Video and Audio is transmitted through secure DECT technology, not WiFi, so other devices cannot connect to the KX-HN4101W baby camera monitor system
- Comfort Baby from Another Room: Listen and talk to baby using 2-way sound; calm baby by playing gentle, soothing sounds like white noise or lullabies
- Expandable, Portable Baby Monitor: Compact system packs neatly packs in weekend bag and sets up in minutes, no WiFi required; expandable up to 4 cameras, to grow with your family
Parenting Pod readers are loving it and taking full advantage of this sale.
Here are more of today’s deals:
VTimes Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio, Video Baby Monitor No WiFi Night Vision, Portable Baby Camera VOX Mode Pan-Tilt-Zoom Alarm and 1000ft Range, Ideal for Gifts
VTech DM111 Upgraded Audio Baby Monitor. 1 Parent Unit with Rechargeable Battery, Best-in-Class Long Range, Digital Wireless Transmission, Crystal-Clear Sound, Plug & Play, Sound Indicator & Alerts
Poit Baby Monitor, Video Baby Monitor with Camera Audio, 4.5" Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Video Baby Monitor, 720P HD Baby Camera Monitor with VOX Mode, Night Vision & 8 Lullabies and 1000ft Long Range
HelloBaby Upgrade Monitor, 5''Sreen with 30-Hour Battery, Pan-Tilt-Zoom Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio, Night Vision, VOX, 2-Way Talk, 8 Lullabies and 1000ft Range No WiFi, Ideal Gifts
JUAN Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio - No WiFi Baby Camera Monitor with 3.2'' IPS Screen for Kids/Pets/Elderly, Pan/Tilt/Zoom Camera, 1000FT, Night Vision, VOX Mode
Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio - 5” Display Video Baby Monitor with 29 Hour Battery Life, Remote Pan & Tilt, 2X Zoom,Auto Night Vision, 2 Way Talk, Temperature Sensor,Lullabies,960 Feet Range
HelloBaby Monitor with Camera and Audio, 1000ft Long Range Video Baby Monitor-No WiFi, Night Vision, VOX Mode-Power Saving, 2.4'' Portable Travel Screen, Baby Safety Camera, for Baby/Pet, Plug & Play
HelloBaby Baby Monitor with 3.2'' IPS Screen - Baby Camera Monitor with Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera No WiFi, Infrared Night Vision, 1000ft Wireless Connection
Itomoro Video Baby Monitor with 2.8" Display, 1000ft Long Range no WiFi Connect, Clear 2-Way Audio Talk, Up to 22h Battery Life on VOX Mode, Night Vision, Temperature Sensor and Lullabies
HelloBaby Monitor with Camera and Audio, 5'' Screen with 16-Hour Video Streaming, Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera, Two-Way Talk, VOX Mode, Auto-Night Vision, Range up to 960ft and No WiFi
Other monitors I like:
Infant Optics DXR-8
This is my favorite monitor which provides the best value for the money. For a full review an explanation see our baby monitors post here.
It wasn’t on sale on Black Friday, but thankfully it’s got a good discount for you today:
- 2022 AWARD WINNER: Awarded "Best Baby Monitor Overall, 2022" by NBC News. The DXR-8 video baby monitor offers clear and reliable sound/video, long battery life, exceptional signal range and user-friendly controls — the dependable choice to help keep your baby safe and provide you with peace of mind.
- INTERCHANGEABLE LENSES: Conveniently switch between different lenses to choose the perfect viewing angle. Use a zoom lens to get a closer look at your baby and a wide-angle lens (sold separately) to capture a broader view of the room. Keep a trustful eye on your children while they sleep or play using this kids' room camera.
- OPERATES WITHOUT WIFI: Unlike wifi baby monitors for smartphones, there is no loading time to open apps, offering instant playback with lag-free video. With a dedicated monitor unit, no phones are necessary to view your baby, enabling parents to efficiently manage day-to-day tasks on their phone screen without compromising their baby's safety.
- 100% DIGITAL PRIVACY: We designed this wireless video baby monitor to work without passing video or audio data through the internet, removing the risk of any third party accessing data transmitted by the camera. With this feature, your baby and family's privacy is fully protected.
- REMOTE PAN/TILT/ZOOM: Adjust the camera's viewing angle, direction, and zoom with the press of a button, giving you the power to see every corner of your baby’s world, without leaving your seat.This elevated viewing experience makes the DXR-8 one of the highest-rated baby monitors. DXR-8 Monitor unit dimensions: D 0.9 inch, W 3.1 inch, L 4.8 inch. Zoom Lens unit dimensions: D 0.5 inch, W 1 inch, L 1 inch
Video Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras by MoonyBaby
This video monitor from MoonyBaby is ranked at number 3 due to its innovative technology that keeps up with the latest gadgets, and it’s on sale for a great price!Deals we recommend, last updated on Saturday December 9, 12am PST:
Moonybaby Split 50 Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras and Audio, Non-WiFi, Large Screen with Wide View, Screen Split, Auto Night Vision and Zoom, Sound Activated, Temperature, 2-Way Talk, Range up to 1000ft
MoonyBaby Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio, No WiFi, 4.3" Display, 1000ft Long Range, 10 Hours Long Battery Life, Power Saving/Voice Activation,Night Vision,Temperature Sensor and Lullabies,Trust-30
Moonybaby Split Screen Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras and Audio, Model: Split 30, No WiFi, Extended 12hrs Battery Life, Wide View, Long Range, Auto Night Vision, 4.3" Large Screen, Lullaby, 2-Way Audio
Moonybaby Split 50 Baby Monitor with 3 Cameras for 3 Rooms, 5" HD Large Screen with Wide View, Auto Noise Reduce, Low EMF & No WiFi, Zoom, Sound Activated, Temperature, 2-Way Talk, Auto Night Vision
Moonybaby 5" HD ANR (Auto Noise Reduce) Long Range Baby Monitor with 3 Cameras for 3 Rooms, Low EMF, No WiFi. Model: Trust 50
A little bit more basic but still loaded with useful features, this baby monitor by moonybaby is a great option for any parent. With this gadget you will find the following features:
- Multiple cameras. This allows parents to see plenty of different angles at all times.
- Talkback feature. Talk to your baby and comfort her or simply tell your partner that the baby needs you from the other room!
- Room temperature display. So you can always make sure your baby is content.
- SMART Sound Activation. With this unique system, your baby monitor will only alert you when the baby really needs you.
- Night vision. Allowing utmost comfort, even when you are worried sick at nighttime.
- 360-degree rotating camera. Completely adjustable in 360 degrees, it’s easier than ever to keep an eye on your child at every angle.
And the best part? Today you can get your hands on this wonderful piece of equipment at a cool discount.
VTech DM221 Audio baby Monitor
While already being a steal at its original price, the VTech DM221 makes it that much easier to get your hands on a quality monitor with this Black Friday discount:
VTech is always a go-to for parents looking for reliability and professional-grade products for less, and this product is no different. There are a few key features parents will love about this baby monitor, including the following:
- Up to 1,000 feet of range so you can see and hear it all.
- Talkback technology to stay in touch with baby.
- Rechargeable batteries for ease of use.
- Five different levels of sound.
- Night light included.
- Unique vibrating alert with sound.
While this monitor may not be loaded with excessive features, it’s still a reliable gadget that will keep you confident and comfortable. Plus it’s heavily discounted right now for Black Friday!
Obviously we couldn’t cover ALL the baby monitor deals (and there are LOTS of them), so:
If a bundle of joy is coming your way, or you just had one, you want to keep it safe. The first year of your baby’s life is one of their most delicate. This isn’t to scare you, but you’d be surprised with how one mistake can put your baby in danger. For example, if your baby rolls over onto their stomach when sleeping and can’t roll back, it increases their risk of SIDS.
There are many techniques, such as swaddling, you can use to help your baby, but for some parents, they want that extra security. Not to mention, if you live in a bigger house or one with thick walls, you need something to hear the baby should they wake up at night.
This is where the baby monitor comes in. Baby monitors have come a long way since a one-way walkie talkie. Let’s look at these products, talk about their features, and discuss possible Black Friday deals.
What is a Baby Monitor?
It is a device, usually a radio or camera, that parents use to hear or see their baby from another room. A baby monitor is essential if you live in a bigger household, are a heavy sleeper, or your pediatrician said to buy one for your baby’s health.
Types of Monitors
There are three main types you can purchase:
- This is the classic baby monitor. This uses a radio system so you can hear the baby. Some are two-way, allowing the parent to talk to and soothe the baby without having to go to the room.
- This includes audio communication, but also includes a camera. You can check up on your sleeping baby without needing to walk back and forth in there. Some video monitors allow you to view the video feed via smartphone.
- Health monitor. These track a baby’s heart rate, oxygen, and other stats. If the levels seem off, you’ll get a notification and you can investigate.
What to Look for In a Baby Monitor
Let’s discuss some features to check out if you’re interested in monitoring your baby.
Radio Vs. Wifi
With audio monitors, there are two types. There’s radio frequency, or RF, which is the classic system. These are going out of style for wifi, as most people have wifi in their homes, and radio frequency has its limitations.
For example, the range in RF monitors is poor, and it does have some electromagnetic radiation that some parents may be concerned with. RF does have the advantage of not using wifi, but we don’t blame you if you don’t go for it.
With audio monitors, some let you hear the baby, yet you can’t speak to them. Your voice may calm the baby when they wake up in the middle of the night, and you don’t have to leave the room in order to do so.
If you’re going with video, the camera has to have some sort of ability to see in the dark. Otherwise, you’d have to use a bright room. Not the best sleeping environment for baby! Most cameras in baby monitors come with night vision, but always double-check.
White Noise and Lullabies
Some monitors play rain sounds and other white noises, or they play lullabies. This is good for when you have a fussy baby, or have a noisy household. Any feature that helps the baby sleep better is good for us.
If the room temperature changes, it may affect your baby’s health. Sudden drops in temperatures will be noticed with a baby monitor equipped to view that.
Some camera have a zoom feature, or a tilt and pan. This allows you to get a fuller view of your baby and see what’s going on.
When you want to review footage from the night before, some monitors keep the footage on there for a certain amount of time, allowing you to see if there’s anything peculiar going on. Always check how much space these monitors can hold. Some allow you to record or snapshot manually, while others record all the time.
Voice or Movement Activation
When your baby is awake, some monitors will alert you based on sound, movement, or changes to your baby’s vitals. You may receive a notification via your smartphone, or hear it through the monitor itself.
Audio and Video Quality
You want a device that has clear audio and clear video. Cameras nowadays come equipped with both, even cheap ones, but if you ever buy an older baby monitor, the quality may not be as good. You can always look at the specs of the camera before you buy, helping you out quite a bit.
Being a camera controlled by wifi, there are some security concerns. It’s unlikely a hacker is going to infiltrate your home through your baby monitor’s camera, but you never know. Always make sure the baby monitor has some security features that give you some peace of mind.
What Else You Can Get This Black Friday
Black Friday Deals
A baby monitor isn’t too expensive, but if you want a higher quality one with more bells and whistles, you’ll have to pay quite a bit. This Black Friday, you can reduce the cost of a good monitor by quite a bit. Last year, the iBaby monitor, which goes for about $179, went for $76 off on Amazon. It’s a steal.
Check out your local baby stores and online. This way, you can get a head-start on the best deals around.
A baby monitor is a useful tool. While you don’t want to worry 24/7 about your baby’s health, a monitor is a convenient way to alert you to any concerns, or for you to hear your baby when they wake up and need some food. This season, look out for some potential deals. Then, rest easier knowing that your baby is safe and sound.