Taking care of a baby can be a challenge, but baby monitors make it that much easier. Cyber Monday is the best time to get one.
Let’s begin with my favorite deal this year:
- Long Range Baby Monitor Keeps a Close Eye on Baby: 3.5” LCD display for clear audio and video from up to 1500 ft away; rechargeable battery provides up to 13 hrs standby / 5 hrs use
- Get the Best View and Smart Sense Alerts: Remote Pan, Tilt and Zoom, with clear monochrome night vision to keep a better eye on baby; smart alerts appear if baby wakes, cries or if room temperature changes outside preset range
- When Privacy Matters Most: Video and Audio is transmitted through secure DECT technology, not WiFi, so other devices cannot connect to the KX-HN4101W baby camera monitor system
- Comfort Baby from Another Room: Listen and talk to baby using 2-way sound; calm baby by playing gentle, soothing sounds like white noise or lullabies
- Expandable, Portable Baby Monitor: Compact system packs neatly packs in weekend bag and sets up in minutes, no WiFi required; expandable up to 4 cameras, to grow with your family
Parenting Pod readers are loving it and taking full advantage of this sale.
Here are more of today’s deals:
VTech VM819 Video Baby Monitor with 19Hour Battery Life 1000ft Long Range Auto Night Vision 2.8” Screen 2Way Audio Talk Temperature Sensor Power Saving Mode and Lullabies, White
Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio - 3.5 Inch Video Baby Monitor with Remote Control Pan& Tilt &Zoom Camera, Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, VOX Mode，Temperature Monitoring, Lullabies, 960ft Long Range
HelloBaby Monitor, 5''Display, Pan-Tilt-Zoom Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio, Night Vision, 2-Way Talk, Temperature, 8 Lullabies and 1000ft Range Baby Monitor No WiFi for Elderly
Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera, ANMEATE Digital 2.4Ghz Wireless Video Monitor with Temperature Monitor, 960ft Transmission Range, 2-Way Talk, Night Vision, High Capacity Battery
VTech Video Baby Monitor with 1000ft Long Range, Auto Night Vision, 2.8” Screen, 2-Way Audio Talk, Temperature Sensor, Power Saving Mode, Lullabies and Wall-mountable Camera with bracket, White
Other monitors I like:
Infant Optics DXR-8
This is my favorite monitor which provides the best value for the money. For a full review an explanation see our baby monitors post here.
It wasn’t on sale on Black Friday, but thankfully it’s got a good discount for you today:
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
- Robust And Mature Hardware - The Dxr-8 Is Fine Tuned And Refined Over Years Of Iteration From Feedback Of Real Users. Trusted By Over A Million Parents, Our Award Winning Monitor Is Backed By Vigorous Testing And Quality Control
- Range Up to 700 feet (line of sight, no obstruction)
Video Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras by MoonyBaby
This video monitor from MoonyBaby is ranked at number 3 due to its innovative technology that keeps up with the latest gadgets, and it’s on sale for a great price!Deals we recommend, last updated on Wednesday November 30, 6pm PST:
Moonybaby Split 55 Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras, Split Screen Video, No WiFi Pan Tilt Camera, Wide View Lens Included, 4.3 inches Large Monitor, Night Vision, Temperature, 2 Way Talk Back, Long Range
Moonybaby WideView 50 Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio, No WiFi, 5 Inches Large Display, Split Screen, Auto Night Vision, Zoom, Sound Activated, Temperature Alert, 2-Way Talk, Lullaby, 1000ft Range
Moonybaby Travel Baby Monitor Portable, No WiFi, 12 Hours Long Battery Life, 960ft Long Range, Auto Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Auto Toggle Between Cameras, Power Saving Mode, Voice Activation
Moonybaby EMF Reduction Baby Monitor with 3 Remote Pan and Tilt Cameras for 3 Rooms, QuadView 60, No WiFi, 5" 720p HD Quad View Screen, 20 Days Stand-by Battery Life, Room Temperature Display
JLB7tech Video Baby Monitor with One Camera and 4.3" LCD,Auto Night Vision,Two-Way Talkback,Temperature Detection,Power Saving/Vox,Zoom in,Support Multi-Camera
VTech VM819-2 Video Baby Monitor with 19-Hour Battery Life, 2 Cameras, 1000ft Long Range, Auto Night Vision, 2.8” Screen, 2-Way Audio Talk, Temperature Sensor, Power Saving Mode and Lullabies
Video Baby Monitor with 2 Cameras and 4.3" LCD,Auto Night Vision,Two-Way Talkback,Temperature Detection,Power Saving/Vox,Zoom in,Support Multi Camera
VTech VM923-2 Video Baby Monitor with 19-Hour Battery Life, 2 Cameras, 1000ft Long Range, Pan-Tilt-Zoom, Enhanced Night Vision, 2.8”Screen, 2-Way Audio Talk, Temperature Sensor and Lullabies
Moonybaby EMF Reduction Baby Monitor with 4 Remote Pan and Tilt Cameras for 4 Rooms, QuadView 60, No WiFi, 5" 720p HD Quad View Screen, 20 Days Stand-by Battery Life, Room Temperature Display
A little bit more basic but still loaded with useful features, this baby monitor by moonybaby is a great option for any parent. With this gadget you will find the following features:
- Multiple cameras. This allows parents to see plenty of different angles at all times.
- Talkback feature. Talk to your baby and comfort her or simply tell your partner that the baby needs you from the other room!
- Room temperature display. So you can always make sure your baby is content.
- SMART Sound Activation. With this unique system, your baby monitor will only alert you when the baby really needs you.
- Night vision. Allowing utmost comfort, even when you are worried sick at nighttime.
- 360-degree rotating camera. Completely adjustable in 360 degrees, it’s easier than ever to keep an eye on your child at every angle.
And the best part? Today you can get your hands on this wonderful piece of equipment at a cool discount.
VTech DM221 Audio baby Monitor
While already being a steal at its original price, the VTech DM221 makes it that much easier to get your hands on a quality monitor with this Black Friday discount:
VTech is always a go-to for parents looking for reliability and professional-grade products for less, and this product is no different. There are a few key features parents will love about this baby monitor, including the following:
- Up to 1,000 feet of range so you can see and hear it all.
- Talkback technology to stay in touch with baby.
- Rechargeable batteries for ease of use.
- Five different levels of sound.
- Night light included.
- Unique vibrating alert with sound.
While this monitor may not be loaded with excessive features, it’s still a reliable gadget that will keep you confident and comfortable. Plus it’s heavily discounted right now for Black Friday!
Obviously we couldn’t cover ALL the baby monitor deals (and there are LOTS of them), so:
If a bundle of joy is coming your way, or you just had one, you want to keep it safe. The first year of your baby’s life is one of their most delicate. This isn’t to scare you, but you’d be surprised with how one mistake can put your baby in danger. For example, if your baby rolls over onto their stomach when sleeping and can’t roll back, it increases their risk of SIDS.
There are many techniques, such as swaddling, you can use to help your baby, but for some parents, they want that extra security. Not to mention, if you live in a bigger house or one with thick walls, you need something to hear the baby should they wake up at night.
This is where the baby monitor comes in. Baby monitors have come a long way since a one-way walkie talkie. Let’s look at these products, talk about their features, and discuss possible Black Friday deals.
What is a Baby Monitor?
It is a device, usually a radio or camera, that parents use to hear or see their baby from another room. A baby monitor is essential if you live in a bigger household, are a heavy sleeper, or your pediatrician said to buy one for your baby’s health.
Types of Monitors
There are three main types you can purchase:
- This is the classic baby monitor. This uses a radio system so you can hear the baby. Some are two-way, allowing the parent to talk to and soothe the baby without having to go to the room.
- This includes audio communication, but also includes a camera. You can check up on your sleeping baby without needing to walk back and forth in there. Some video monitors allow you to view the video feed via smartphone.
- Health monitor. These track a baby’s heart rate, oxygen, and other stats. If the levels seem off, you’ll get a notification and you can investigate.
What to Look for In a Baby Monitor
Let’s discuss some features to check out if you’re interested in monitoring your baby.
Radio Vs. Wifi
With audio monitors, there are two types. There’s radio frequency, or RF, which is the classic system. These are going out of style for wifi, as most people have wifi in their homes, and radio frequency has its limitations.
For example, the range in RF monitors is poor, and it does have some electromagnetic radiation that some parents may be concerned with. RF does have the advantage of not using wifi, but we don’t blame you if you don’t go for it.
With audio monitors, some let you hear the baby, yet you can’t speak to them. Your voice may calm the baby when they wake up in the middle of the night, and you don’t have to leave the room in order to do so.
If you’re going with video, the camera has to have some sort of ability to see in the dark. Otherwise, you’d have to use a bright room. Not the best sleeping environment for baby! Most cameras in baby monitors come with night vision, but always double-check.
White Noise and Lullabies
Some monitors play rain sounds and other white noises, or they play lullabies. This is good for when you have a fussy baby, or have a noisy household. Any feature that helps the baby sleep better is good for us.
If the room temperature changes, it may affect your baby’s health. Sudden drops in temperatures will be noticed with a baby monitor equipped to view that.
Some camera have a zoom feature, or a tilt and pan. This allows you to get a fuller view of your baby and see what’s going on.
When you want to review footage from the night before, some monitors keep the footage on there for a certain amount of time, allowing you to see if there’s anything peculiar going on. Always check how much space these monitors can hold. Some allow you to record or snapshot manually, while others record all the time.
Voice or Movement Activation
When your baby is awake, some monitors will alert you based on sound, movement, or changes to your baby’s vitals. You may receive a notification via your smartphone, or hear it through the monitor itself.
Audio and Video Quality
You want a device that has clear audio and clear video. Cameras nowadays come equipped with both, even cheap ones, but if you ever buy an older baby monitor, the quality may not be as good. You can always look at the specs of the camera before you buy, helping you out quite a bit.
Being a camera controlled by wifi, there are some security concerns. It’s unlikely a hacker is going to infiltrate your home through your baby monitor’s camera, but you never know. Always make sure the baby monitor has some security features that give you some peace of mind.
What Else You Can Get This Black Friday
Black Friday Deals
A baby monitor isn’t too expensive, but if you want a higher quality one with more bells and whistles, you’ll have to pay quite a bit. This Black Friday, you can reduce the cost of a good monitor by quite a bit. Last year, the iBaby monitor, which goes for about $179, went for $76 off on Amazon. It’s a steal.
Check out your local baby stores and online. This way, you can get a head-start on the best deals around.
A baby monitor is a useful tool. While you don’t want to worry 24/7 about your baby’s health, a monitor is a convenient way to alert you to any concerns, or for you to hear your baby when they wake up and need some food. This season, look out for some potential deals. Then, rest easier knowing that your baby is safe and sound.