It’s time to introduce your family to its newest member. These balsamic roasted veggies will take up permanent residence at your dinner table once you discover how quickly they’re devoured each and every time.
The perfect balance of sweet and savory, these vegetables pair really nicely with just about any main protein dish: meat, chicken, turkey, fish, you name it. Leftovers? Toss with quinoa, couscous, or bulgur, along with some balsamic vinaigrette and bring it to work with you for a quick, healthy, and satisfying lunch.
Even though this is technically a “root vegetable” recipe, any type of squash will go really nicely with all these flavors. If you have pumpkin or butternut squash lying around, definitely cube them and toss them in with the root vegetables.
If you want to add a nutritious and cruciferous green vegetable to the dish, Brussels sprouts fit in perfectly with the tastes and the presentation of these balsamic roasted vegetables.
This delicious vegetable medley is a great way to get your kids to consume many essential vitamins and minerals that they need to grow strong. The vegetables in this recipe are excellent sources of vitamins A, C, and K, and folate, as well as magnesium, potassium, and manganese— not to mention lots of fiber as well.
This recipe is also 100% gluten-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan, so if you have family members or guests with dietary restrictions, it’s usually a safe bet.
For a quick and easy recipe the whole family can enjoy, get out those root vegetables and start roasting!
Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables
This recipe calls for so many delicious ingredients, but we couldn’t call it Balsamic-Maple-Dijon-Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables, so Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables it is. Even though these veggies may seem sophisticated—you know, because of the balsamic, Dijon, and rosemary—your kids will love the sweet maple taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
- 4-5 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large beets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small red onions, quartered
- 1 head garlic, cut down the middle
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F/200 C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the mix in a small bowl.
- Add chopped vegetables to the large bowl and mix until completely coated.
- Transfer vegetables to a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with rosemary.
- Place the vegetables in the oven and cook for 45 min. Slide vegetables out and pour over remaining 2 Tbsp of the balsamic mixture. Place back in the oven for another 10 min or until they reach desired tenderness.
- Remove from the oven. Serve and enjoy!