When you see the price tag hanging off of the UPPAbaby Vista V2, you might wonder if it’s worth all the hype. You want the best for your baby, so the most expensive must be the prestigious option, right?
Well, fellow moms, dads, and guardians, I think that if you have the money to spend on a top-notch stroller, you should undoubtedly consider the UPPAbaby Vista V2. While this product was not released in time for my kiddos (they’re growing up so fast, cue the tears!), I checked it out in the store and found it was one of the best strollers I had ever laid eyes on or tried to maneuver.
Considering that I’ve reviewed dozens of strollers for this site, this is really saying something!
Below I share all of the perks of this stroller and why it might be worth the high price tag. You will also find other handy info, like the difference between the V1 and the V2 and how it ranks among similar strollers.
Table of Contents
- Detailed Description
- What’s New on the V2?
- Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Safe?
- Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Comfortable?
- How Does it Drive?
- What Infant Car Seats are Compatible with the UPPAbaby Vista V2?
- Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Easy to Fold and Unfold?
- Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Easy to Clean?
- Is it Good for Travel?
- What I Like Best About the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller
- How Can It Be Improved?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Comparison to Other Strollers
Shopping for the “perfect” stroller can be challenging. You have many choices with varying features and prices, making it all the more difficult for new (and returning) parents to make the right choice. Here is everything you need to know about the UPPAbaby Vista V2.
The UPPAbaby Vista V2 is known as the “One for All,” and I couldn’t agree more. This state-of-the-art stroller is excellent for all families, whether you’re just starting with your first baby, bringing home an adorable set of twins, or having up to three kids of varying ages. Oh, and yes – you read that correctly. This stroller can accommodate up to three kids at a time without even feeling like it. No matter how many kiddos are in this stroller, it will still feel like a “single stroller.”
But how? Well, this top-of-the-line stroller is designed to be a cinch to maneuver. It offers a superbly smooth ride regardless of who’s tagging along. With so many configurations, parents and kiddos can feel comfortable from the start to the end, ensuring there’s no fussing along the way – and yeah, I include parents in that comment, too. Hey, we get fussy sometimes, too!
What’s New on the V2?
If you take a look at the name, you will notice one thing – it says V2. That means that there was an original “V1.” So what sets this stroller apart from the original version? What made it the “new and improved” “must-have” stroller for 2022? Well, there are a few key differences that parents are sure to enjoy.
- More colors. Ok, so this isn’t a huge deal – but it is if you’re like me and like to have options. I can’t stand it when there are just one or two colors to choose from. So, the first significant difference is the immense amount of color choices. You’re sure to find one that fits your fancy!
- Advanced maneuverability. With an all-new set of wheels and advanced suspensions, bumps and uneven sidewalks are no match for this awesome stroller. Enjoy the smoothest ride possible with the UPPAbaby vista v2.
- Larger toddler seat. Toddlers want to be comfy when traveling, and UPPAbaby knows that. They listened to the outpouring of comments about the original seat and extended it so your tots can be cozy wherever you go.
- Extended canopy. Ensuring your precious babies and toddlers are safe from the elements while out on a stroll is imperative. The new UPPAbaby vista v2 comes with an extended canopy to block the sun, rain, and other misfortunes.
- No rethread harness. Rethreading a harness is a huge hassle, but with the improved UPPAbaby vista v2, there’s no need to fear. With a no-rethread harness necessary, you can adjust with ease.
Obviously, the original and the latest model are both top-of-the-line choices that every parent should consider spending the money on. But if you’re not sold just yet, check out the next few sections!
Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Safe?
The UPPAbaby vista v2 is undeniably a safe choice for parents. It has many added features to protect babies and children of all ages. All products also undergo rigorous tests in an accredited facility to ensure they’re at the peak of safety, which gives parents peace of mind.
While there are many outstanding safety features to list, here are the top additions that ensure safety for everyone involved:
- Shock-absorbing suspension system. When you’re looking for safety on-the-go, and plan to travel with your kiddo often (whether it’s around the block or the world), one thing you don’t want to sacrifice is a shock-absorbing suspension system; and the UPPAbaby vista v2 has it. The system ensures an unparalleled smooth ride regardless of the terrain, keeping soft heads safe and sound.
- Solid frame. A stroller frame needs to be reliable, especially if you’re toting around more than one child of different ages. Well, the Vista V2 is crafted with an impressively solid frame. Don’t worry, though – it’s coated in a lavish leather exterior, concealing the solid construction.
- Level indicator. The Vista V2 is compatible with many car seats on the market (although the Mesa infant car seat is the recommended choice). Regardless, the Vista V2 has a level indicator that turns green when the infant car seats are installed appropriately. This gives parents instant confidence that their baby (or babies) are safe and sound in their seat(s).
Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Comfortable?
Safety is definitely something to consider when choosing the right stroller for your kiddos. But so is comfort. The last thing you want to do is struggle with a stroller that’s uncomfortable to manage or listen to whining kids that don’t like their toddler seat.
Well, for those concerned about their comfort and their child’s comfort, you will be happy to know that the Vista V2 is incredibly comfortable. Here are just a couple of the features that ensure comfort for everyone involved:
- Adjustable handlebar. As someone who stands 5″9, it’s imperative for me to find a handlebar that I can use comfortably. I can’t tell you the number of strollers that don’t come with adjustable handlebars. Talk about a backache waiting to happen! With an entirely adjustable handlebar, parents of all heights can push their kids around without aches and pains.
- Reclinable toddler seat. The toddler seat is excellent for a number of reasons. For starters, it’s front and rear-facing, offering plenty of seating options. But that’s not the best part. The toddler seat reclines to a near-flat position, creating a cozy spot for naptimes – and it’s done with the click of a button.
- Bucket-style seating. Babies and toddlers want to feel like they’re being cradled. And the toddler seat on the Vista V2 does just that. With bucket-style seating, kiddos of all ages (up to 50 pounds) can feel safe, secure, and cozy.
- Comfy bassinet. If you didn’t know by now, the Vista V2 comes with a bassinet to tote your newborn around. It can also be used outside the stroller, making it a convenient option for all parents. The bassinet comes with a safe, aerated mattress complete with a water-repellant liner (which you will definitely appreciate with a brand new bundle of joy!).
- Shock-absorbing suspension system. I know I listed this under “safety,” but it also doubles as a comfortable convenience. With a shock-absorbing suspension system, you don’t have to worry about bumps, cobblestones, and other hassles creating a rocky road. With a smoother ride all around, everyone feels vastly more comfortable.
How Does it Drive?
Some people might think that this stroller is challenging to manage. After all, it can handle up to three kids at a time – which means it can have two seats for babies and toddlers and a “piggyback” ride-along board for older kids. But it’s surprisingly nimble – and that’s all thanks to the design of the wheels and the suspension system.
Let’s start with the wheels. No, they are not air-filled like most jogging strollers. They are, however, capable of handling rough terrain. So, if you’re considering taking your Vista V2 on some off-roading adventures, you can certainly do that!
Secondly, we have to mention the shock-absorbing suspension system. Yes, I know this is the third time I’m bringing it up. But let’s be honest – this is a significant feature that will make life easier. With shock-absorbing properties, you can stroll without hassle. In fact, you can steer your children around with a single hand – you can’t say that about all other brands!
What Infant Car Seats are Compatible with the UPPAbaby Vista V2?
One of the perks of using the Vista V2 is to use one or two infant car seats in the stroller at a time. This makes it an excellent choice for those with twins. However, it’s also a superb option for those seeking a state-of-the-art travel system.
But not all car seats are equipped to go into the Vista V2. In fact, if you’re using any kind of car seat other than the Mesa, you will need to purchase an adapter, which is a pain. If you don’t want to use the Mesa, you can use these car seats with an adapter:
- Chicco (KeyFit and Fit2 Series)
- Clek Liing
- Cybex (Aton Series Only)
- Maxi-Cost (Mico XP Max, Max 30, 30, AP, and NXT, Citi, Cabrio, and CabrioFix)
- Nuna (PIPA RX, Lite, Lite R, Litle LX, Lite RX)
- Peg-Perego (Primo Viaggio 4-35, 4035 Nido, and 4-35 Lounge)
Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Easy to Fold and Unfold?
I will be 100% honest with you – some strollers are a straight-up pain to fold and unfold. And that’s not something you want to be concerned with when trying to manage a baby or two (or three!).
If you’re looking for a streamlined stroller that’s a cinch to fold and unfold, the UPPAbaby vista v2 takes the winning prize. It literally folds and unfolds in a matter of seconds, making your job infinitely easier. Don’t believe me? Just look at the video below. Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than that – especially when it comes to a travel system or stroller with “double mode.”
Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller Easy to Clean?
Babies and kids are messy. This is a fact. Sometimes, it’s not even their fault. For example, when your lovely newborn spits up all over themself (and everything around them, including their car seat). Regardless of how the mess happens, you want to ensure you can clean it up quickly – and the UPPAbaby vista v2 makes it easy.
Every single part of this stroller is easy to clean and maintain. The fabric and stroller frame can be wiped down using mild detergent (with absolutely no bleach) and a clean towel. Just make sure that the fabric dries entirely before folding it up for storing or using it.
The leather parts (handlebar and bumper bar) can be wiped down using a leather cleaner and conditioner. The wheels can be wiped down with a sponge (or Magic Eraser) and a bit of mild soap.
Honestly, you can clean this entire stroller in a matter of minutes, which is essential – after all, you’re a busy parent and don’t have a whole lot of time on your hands. So, the fact that this stroller is so easy to clean is a definite perk.
Is it Good for Travel?
Do you love to travel? I certainly do. But traveling with a stroller in tow can pose a significant challenge. With the UPPAbaby vista v2, it’s relatively simple.
The only thing I will suggest is purchasing a VISTA Travel Bag (sold separately). It’s made of durable, luggage-grade nylon to ensure your product is safe. Not only that, but it offers a snug fit, so there’s no room for error. Last but not least, the travel bag comes equipped with wheels for easy rolling through the airport – which is essential, considering this stroller is quite hefty, weighing close to 30 pounds.
You are automatically protected in the TravelSafe Program when you purchase the VISTA Travel Bag and enroll it on the website. This program ensures that your stroller is covered from any damages that may occur during travel. Again, this is a must-have. After all, the Vista V2 is not cheap, and you don’t want to have to worry about expensive fixes or replacements.
Obviously, the Vista V2 is wonderous for air travel. If you’re planning to travel by other means, for instance, car, bus, or train, there are a few things to consider. For one, the stroller is quite heavy. And while it’s a cinch to fold and unfold, it’s pretty big. Here are the dimensions:
- Unfolded: 36″ L x 25.7″ W x 39.5″ H
- Folded with seat attached: 17.3″ L x 25.7″ W x 33.3″ H
- Folded without seat attached: 13″ L x 25.7″ W x 32″ H
You’ll need a space large enough to accommodate the stroller during travel.
What I Like Best About the UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller
At this point, one thing is pretty clear: I (and many other individuals) are obsessed with the Vista V2 for a good reason, too. This state-of-the-art stroller is safe, comfortable, and great for traveling adventures nearby and far away.
But I wanted to point out some of my absolute favorite features of the UPPAbaby vista v2 – you know, so you can fall in love with it, too.
Accommodates Up to Three Kids
Personally, I had two kids and decided I was done. However, I know many people who go beyond this number and struggle to find a stroller that accommodates their needs. To be honest, it was hard enough to find an excellent double stroller that I was happy with – boy, do I wish that the UPPAbaby vista v2 was available when I had my second baby!
The Vista V2 can accommodate up to three kids at a single time. You can have a bassinet, rumble seat, and piggyback board utilizes at once. You can also use the stroller with two kids of the same age, even newborn twins. That’s right – the Vista V2 allows for two bassinets at a time, so your babies can travel while still being in a cozy, safe, and snuggly environment.
So Many Configurations
With the Vista V2, the sky’s the limit when it comes to configurations. While the piggyback ride-along board has to remain in the same spot, there are seemingly endless possibilities for the remaining two seats.
For instance, you can have one rumble seat facing you, another facing out, a toddler seat facing forward, a car seat facing you, or two bassinets stacked on top of each other. Seriously – look at this helpful review that shows all the different configuration options. Your jaw will drop!
Comes With a Bassinet
Putting your baby into a big crib can be terrifying – I don’t care if this is your first child or your fifth child. Newborn babies are so tiny that they need something a little smaller to snuggle in. That’s where bassinets come into play.
Now, you can go out and purchase a separate bassinet, and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, you can buy the Vista V2 and enjoy the included bassinet instead. Not only does this bassinet work for indoor and overnight use, but it can be swiftly and securely attached to the UPPAbaby stroller for the on-the-go. Who said newborn babies had to stay inside 24/7?
The included bassinet is terrific. It comes with a perforated mattress pad complete with a vented base for superior breathability. It also comes with an extendable sunshade that will block all of the harmful UV rays from your precious baby’s brand-new skin.
With a water-repellant liner and boot cover, it’s a cinch to clean – and you will end up cleaning it at some point soon, I guarantee it!
Superb Toddler Seat
If you look at any other double stroller, you will find that the toddler seats are “OK.” They don’t offer much space, aren’t too comfortable, and are overall subpar. If you are looking for top-notch toddler seats, you should consider the Vista V2. There are so many features to enjoy, including:
- A five-point, no-rethread harness. If you want safety and convenience in one seat, you will appreciate that the seat comes with a five-point harness that does not need to be rethreaded every time your child grows.
- Extended canopy. Another item that tends to be a little crummy on most seats is the canopy. Half the time, the canopies don’t even cover the child, which renders them useless. (Trust me – it’s a huge letdown and major nuisance!). Well, you can put those worries to rest with the Vista V2. The extended canopy ensures nothing will harm your child – neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow – you get the drift!
- Peek-a-boo window. Oh, and I must mention that the canopy has a peek-a-boo window. I don’t know about you, but I want to be able to keep an eye on my baby as they enjoy the world around them. The peek-a-boo feature makes it easy to do just that.
- Reclinable. My kids loved to fall asleep during stroller rides. This is great until you find that your baby’s head has leaned off to the side in a very uncomfortable-looking position. This is when you will be glad to have a stroller like the Vista V2, where you can recline the seat with a push of a button. In a matter of seconds, your baby can go from enjoying the great outdoors to resting peacefully in a near-recline position. So easy!
- Height-adjustable canopy. When your child wants to sit upright, they don’t want to hit their head on the canopy. Thank goodness the Vista V2 has fully adjustable canopies that can grow with your child!
Plenty of Storage
When you have a baby (or babies), you need to carry around a lot of things. This is even truer when you move on to having two, three, or more kids. And while some strollers may be so-so when it comes to storage solutions, the Vista V2 is over the top. With the Vista V2, you get a ginormous storage basket underneath the second seat. It can handle up to 30 pounds, which means you can pack up the diaper bag, toys, water bottles, snacks, and everything else you need for a successful trip.
Easy to Use
Whether you’re using the stroller as a travel stroller for your new baby, are towing a baby and a toddler with a rumble seat, have two rumble seat configurations or are utilizing this awesome stroller for three kids at a time, it’s so easy to use.
Switching the configurations is impossibly simple – even though it might not appear that way. Not only that, but this thing folds and unfolds in seconds, so you don’t have to be dealing with a hassling stroller in the parking lot for 20 minutes. After engaging the one-step fold, the stroller stands upright, allowing you to store it just about anywhere easily.
Essentially, Vista V2 made sure that every step of owning this stroller would be a cinch – and as a parent, we certainly appreciate it!
Last but not least, I had to add the fact that this stroller is very posh. There are plenty of color options to choose from, so you can find exactly what you’re looking for. But regardless of the selected color scheme, you will enjoy a classy design with attractive leather accents in all the right places. Needless to say, this stroller isn’t just expensive – it looks expensive, too.
How Can It Be Improved?
Unfortunately, the Vista V2 is not a unicorn stroller. There are a few pitfalls that need to be addressed before taking the plunge and purchasing. Let’s take a closer look.
Perhaps the biggest drawback to this stroller is that it’s pretty hefty, weighing almost 30 pounds. This isn’t incredibly surprising, considering most double strollers are relatively heavy. It’s just something to consider!
Some Configurations Aren’t Great
While the ample number of configurations is a definite plus, some just don’t make sense. For example, the bassinet and toddler seat (second seat) configuration can be odd, and the bassinets stacked on top of each other. While these are definitely not dealbreakers, it’s something to think about before buying.
Rumble Seat Isn’t As Great as Toddler Seat
One highlight of the Vista V2 is that you can add a seat for a toddler. However, this seat does not have the same benefits as the toddler seat. The seat weight maximum is 35 pounds, rather than the 50 pounds of the toddler seat. This means that it won’t have as much longevity as the other seat.
Yes, the folding and unfolding process is easy-peasy; but it still requires two hands to get it done. While this isn’t an automatic dealbreaker, it’s definitely a nuisance. After all, there is rarely a time when a parent – especially a parent of a new baby – has both hands free. So, consider this before deciding whether or not this stroller is suitable for you.
Becoming a parent (whether it’s your first time or starting all over again) isn’t cheap. Since the Vista V2 is much more expensive than other models, it’s not always ideal. Sure, it comes with plenty of incredible features, but many people can’t fathom spending that much money on something they might not use for too long. (The weight capacity for the toddler seat is 50 pounds!).
The Vista V2 is great for all parents, regardless of how many children they have (or intend to have). It’s excellent for those starting with their first child or for those who are expecting twins or have an older child. The configurations are incredible and so easy to put together. The stroller offers a smooth and comfortable ride for parents and kids, and when it’s time to pack up, it can easily be folded and stored for next time. It’s an overall top-tier stroller that’s well worth the price – if you’re willing to spend the money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have some prying questions about the Vista V2 and want to find out more? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions to take a look at.
Why is the UPPAbaby Vista stroller so expensive?
The Vista V2 (and other UPPAbaby strollers and accessories sold separately) are quite expensive. But why? Really, it comes down to the elegant appearance paired with premium construction. UPPAbaby uses the best materials on the market, from the sturdy frame to the leatherwork.
At what age can a baby sit in the UPPAbaby Vista?
Babies as young as newborns can ride in the Vista V2 thanks to the inclusion of the comfortable, safe, and secure bassinet. Once the baby reaches three months, they can sit in the toddler seat or second seat.
Is the UPPAbaby Vista V2 heavy?
The Vista V2 is quite heavy, weighing almost 30 pounds. It can be challenging for some parents to try and get the stroller in and out of the trunk. However, despite its heftiness, it offers a surprisingly smooth and effortless ride that can be conducted with one hand.
Can I get the Vista V2 without a bassinet?
Unfortunately, you can not purchase the Vista V2 without the accompanying bassinet. It’s a “package deal,” so to speak. That’s why I recommend buying the stroller before your new bundle of joy arrives. That way, you can get the most use from your Vista V2 and get the biggest bang for your buck.
How do I remove the bassinet?
The bassinet can be removed from the stroller with a single hand using the “release button” located on the handlebar. If you want to see how it’s done, here is a great video to check out. (It’s super simple, I promise!).
How do I convert it into a double stroller?
Converting the Vista V2 from a single to a double is easy. If you’re planning to use two car seats that are not the Mesa car seat, you will need to purchase an adapter. The adapter is included if you’re adding the rumble seat to your Vista V2. Follow the directions, and there should be no issues converting the stroller into a double!
Comparison to Other Strollers
The Vista V2 isn’t the only “superstar stroller” on the market. If you’re considering different options, I’ve included these handy comparisons to help you make a final decision.
UPPAbaby Vista vs Cruz
The most significant difference between the Vista and the Cruz is that the Cruz is designed for “cruising” with a single baby and not for multiples. However, the Cruz does not come with a bassinet, so it will need to be purchased separately (if desired). The Cruz is more lightweight and compact, too.
UPPAbaby Vista vs. Mockingbird
The Mockingbird can easily be described as the “less expensive Vista V2.” It has many similar features, such as the ability to accommodate up to three children at a time and an immense number of configurations to suit your needs.
However, the Mockingbird allows 45 pounds per seat, while the Vista V2 only allows 50 pounds in one seat and 35 pounds in the second seat. It also boasts a one-hand fold, while the Vista V2 requires two hands. The Vista V2 comes with a bassinet for newborns and a superior suspension system.
UPPAbaby vista vs Nuna Mixx
The Nuna Mixx is an acceptable option if you have one baby. It does not convert to a double stroller like the Vista V2.
With a single baby, you can opt for the “near-flat recline” or purchase a bassinet to use with the Nuna Mixx. When your baby is old enough, they can enjoy front or rear-facing positions.
The Nuna Mixx is a snazzy stroller that folds easily and can be transported like a briefcase or stand-up.
UPPAbaby Vista vs. City Select
The City Select is another popular choice that regularly contends with the Vista V2. The City Select has the benefit of having two seats with 45 pounds, rather than one larger and one smaller seat, which is the case with the Vista V2.
However, the Vista V2 has a better suspension system, can accommodate a bassinet, and has far more storage space in the basket underneath.
UPPAbaby Vista vs. Bugaboo Donkey
Last but not least, let’s compare the UPPAbaby with the Bugaboo. These two are the most similar, but they’re also the most different, too! That’s because both options offer an impressive amount of configurations.
The main draw of the Bugaboo donkey is that the seats are side-by-side rather than stacked, which gives parents a better visual of their children. The Vista V2 is sleeker and easier to maneuver through and has the advantage of being able to accommodate up to three kids.
It really comes down to what type of configuration you like best – stacked or side-by-side!